Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

stock 98 r/t 2 door... questions need answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 01:56 PM
mhike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock 98 r/t 2 door... questions need answers

i myself just acquired a virtually stock 98 neon r/t... thing is i want to add some serious hp but the original motor has 160 thousand miles... with that mileage im afraid something may go wrong... so what do u all think... should i raise the money to rebuild both top and bottom end or are there ways to check if everything is fine on the motor and otherwise ok to start buyin the basic bolt-ons to set up for the modernperformance turbo stage 2 package... what do you all think...

Old 11-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Cr@zy Squ33
Default RE: stock 98 r/t 2 door... questions need answers

Direct your attention here: https://dodgeforum.com/m_104622/tm.htm

Old 11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
casper
Legend

yeah no problem with the milage. Mild boost and you will be fine 8-10PSI. Go much higher than that any you are going to need to rebuild the bottom end of the motor if it only had 5 miles on it the bottom end will hold 300HP. And any turbo that you put on you almost have to do the cam, and after the cam the rest of the top end is not that expensive to do and for simplicity issues just should be done.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:43 PM
mhike

yea well your right about the bottom end, its deffinetly at the top of my list but what about the pistons, should i get the low compresion so itll be ready for turbo setup or should i stick with the high compresion until i get the turbo? oh and you had mentioned something about the cam... which cam would you recommend for the turbo setup from hahn stage 2? oh and one more thing what is an egr valve and something about cutting it off for an increase in horsepower... any ideas from anybody... please respond...

Old 11-15-2004, 01:43 PM
mhike

yea well your right about the bottom end, its deffinetly at the top of my list but what about the pistons, should i get the low compresion so itll be ready for turbo setup or should i stick with the high compresion until i get the turbo? oh and you had mentioned something about the cam... which cam would you recommend for the turbo setup from hahn stage 2? oh and one more thing what is an egr valve and something about cutting it off for an increase in horsepower... any ideas from anybody... please respond...

Old 11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

Low compression.

Quick Reply: stock 98 r/t 2 door... questions need answers