Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

dodge neon trouble AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:57 AM
sactogirlie911
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge neon trouble AGAIN!

I'm really frustrated, and im seeking advice. I have a 97 dodge neon dohc. My car was in the shop for a month (timing belt went out and bent all valves)

got it out, then it went back in the shop 2 weeks later (valve spring broke, the mechanic guy sed it cud b cuz i hav crower cams) ,

got it out, check engine code 43 came on, took it back to shop had spark plugs n wires changed out...

got it back out...then it ran fine for like a month and a half, then last night, my car was idling high (2500-3000rpm) at a dead stop,

then this morning, i start the car, and check engine light code 43 came on! im done! i know my car has also been running rich in fuel. I dont hear any new noises? any suggestions on wat the hell is wrong with my car now? shud i just drive it off a cliff? please help!

Old 11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Cr@zy Squ33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dodge neon trouble AGAIN!

First of all. Stop taking it to that shop. They are morons.

Second. Check your spark plugs. Again. On top of that what type of plugs are you using? If it's Champion get rid of them. Don't use platinum anything. Get yourself a nice set of NGK spark plugs. If you want a set I do believe I have a set of NGK's lying around here somewhere (I just cleaned my house it's now spotless so now I can't find anything).

Odds of it being your plugs, wires or coil are slim to none at this point but make sure you check.

Third. Clean you fuel injectors. Clean your throttle body. Cleaning the later is easier but does require you to remove the TB. To clean the injectors just run HIGH OCTANE fuel (which you should be running any way) and a bottle of injector cleaner.

Fourth. It honestly sounds like the dolts at the shop failed to reset the PCM (Power Control Module aka Computer). What I suggest is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 minutes to an hour or more to clear any codes that may still be stored in the PCM.

Quick Reply: dodge neon trouble AGAIN!