Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Help guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:48 PM
elric62285
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help guys

she'll crank but she won't turn over. No check engine light or dianostic codes. The rest of the electrical works fine. It will turn over after I dis/ re-connect the battery a few times though. Today I tried pumping the clutch and that worked??? Any ideas? After I finally get it to crank it will start consistently but if I turn it off and leave it alone for a few minutes it gives me grief all over again.

Old 11-17-2004, 03:22 AM
TJW815
Veteran
Default RE: Help guys

when you don't pump the clutch, does it feel like the car is trying to "push" itself along, if it is, that means you clutch is shot, or the master cylinder for the clutch my be low, if its hydraulic like mine, and be putting to much load on the engine to start it

Old 11-17-2004, 11:05 AM
elric62285
Professional
Default RE: Help guys

my cluthc is cable opperated. It just a crappy car, I'm starting to really hate the damn thing. She died on me this morning and after 15 min of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and holding the ignition on and putting the clutch in and out she finally started. of course as soon as I turned it off and tried to turn it on again she wouldn't turn over. Plenty of crank but still woudn't start. Anyone want a really ugly neon with some issues? At this point I just want to get rid of it. I just pumped in 2K for a new engine and some minor mods and this is how it repays me. I take care of her, honestly, but I get nothing back. I just don't have the time or the money to deal with this. On top of everything else I've got finals coming up. Seriously for $2000 anyone can have the damn thing. Hope you know how to work on cars though.

Quick Reply: Help guys