Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Emergency Brake Frozen

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Android
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Brake Frozen

Hi, I kept my Neon inactive for a few months, decided to drive it, but the emergency brake seems to be frozen on it. I can drive it a little. The drivers side wheel seems to turn more than the other side. The emergency brake lever is now all the way down, but I can't pull it up now much at all, like the brake is still engaged in the fully down position. I'm looking for some guidance. What do I look for if I jack the rear end up? Thank you very much.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:11 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

try getting under the rear of the car and grab the Plastic or rubber tube that houses the brake cable and move it around.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Android

It's fine now. The only thing I'll add is that with the entire back end jacked up, the passenger side turned with a bit of resistance and the drivers side turned with 100% resistance, so here I knew which side to concentrate on. After wacking with a small hammer on parts I knew wouldn't get damaged, the shoe eventually came off. I worked back & forth the e-brake lever to be sure it was ok, which it was, then I put everything back together. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Emergency Brake Frozen