Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

NEON TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Dj_plutonium
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEON TURBO

Hey .... i was lookin into taking the tubo, turbo manifold from an SRT-4 and install that on my Chrsyler 2002 Neon Le (16 Valve SOHC 2.0) i was wondering if it will work and was it required?

Old 03-31-2005, 01:40 AM
lonasindi
Veteran
Default RE: NEON TURBO

it's a different engine, so I wouldn't bet money on it working without some effort

Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 AM
y2neones
Veteran

your gonna need more than that... search on the forums, theres a ton of threads on turbo... especially the srt4 turbo. that or ask casper... i know he knows what all you need, if i list it i might forget a thing or two

Old 03-31-2005, 02:45 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

It won't bolt right up. SRT4 is a dohc and ours is a sohc. I have seen adaptor plates floating around on neons.org that supposedly allow you to bolt the srt4 manifold to our sohc, but I don't know how well this works.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 AM
casper
Legend

It is possible. You will need a cusotm exhuast manifold, fuel pump, injectors, oil lines, piping, intercooler, blow off valve, wastegate, boost controler. It is posssible, but if you don't know what you are doing, or have someone around you that knows, you are better off getting a premade kit. It is not easy to do. I would suggest getting a Chill factory or Hanhs kit. You can find them on ebay used, just keep looking they are on there every once and a while.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
y2neones
Veteran

the garrett does come with an internal westgate... not that that really makes the list any shorter or the job any easier haha

Old 03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
casper
Legend

Oh ok, true though. As I said it can be done, but for the novice the kit is a better idea, it has been tested, is proven and a lot of people have them. You can always upgrade the kit piece by peice after you put it in to tweek it a little.

Quick Reply: NEON TURBO