Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

I need advise which Neon to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 PM
phwx2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advise which Neon to buy.

I'm a mopar guy. It looks like I need a small used cheap commuter car. My 2006 Magnum only gets 25 mpg, my 68 GTS conv only gets 10 mpg, my 83 Ram /6 w/ 4sp od only gets about 20 mpg. I'm looking at used neons. I expect I may put 55,000 to 65,000 miles per year on the vehicle. Mostly highway but also I expect to get stuck in traffic jams. Therefore, although I hate the automatic I think I should go with one. I am looking for the best MPG and easiest to repair (meaning parts availbility and ease of replacement). I expect to change the engine/trans. etc. occasionally. So what years, models, engines, trans. combinations should I be looking for. I have seen Neon's for less than $3,000 of all years and milage in the 100,000 range. That doesn't scare me but I don't want to be kicking myself because there was a better year, eng., trans than I pick. Thank's.

MOPAR OR NO CAR (in that case Buell).

Quick Reply: I need advise which Neon to buy.