Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

What is the 'Expresso' package

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
watben58
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the 'Expresso' package

I saw the neon expresso what is the diference ?

Old 04-15-2005, 08:09 PM
tchase
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the 'Expresso' package

Nothing much really just an option package. Supposedly available from both dodge and plymouth in '96, then from '97-up it was the plymouth version of the dodge sport. Some things I know it included were the sport buckets (with the "confetti" pattern), foglights and spoiler. Many I've seen have been DOHC but not all. Other than that mine is pretty plain, no power options, no tilt, no cruise, no ABS, no sunroof, I do have A/C and the sport cluster with tach though.

edit: mine is an expresso if you did'nt figure it out. I thought it was in my sig.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:03 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the 'Expresso' package

The Expresso was made for both Dodge and Plymouth in 1996, but Dodge kept the Sport after that, and Expresso was kept with Plymouth. Otherwise, the cars are extremely similar - fog lights, performance tranny (with the taller 5th gear ) for DOHC MTX's, stiffer struts on the coupes, available rear sways, etc. The '96-up Expresso/Sport package took away standard ABS (still an option), standard alloys (still an option), and allowed the DOHC to be downgraded to the SOHC in the coupe. Made the R/T look even more impressive when it came out in '98...

Quick Reply: What is the 'Expresso' package