Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Back brake drum removal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:41 AM
evilneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back brake drum removal?

Im was trying to remove my back brake drum today to put on a new one(that i have painted) but it wont come off. The other one I did slid right off? Now my book say's to go behind on the back plate with a screw driver and insert to adjust it. Now there is no place to insert anything! I used wd-40 and I still cant bust it loose.can any one help . we got a show comming this weekend and I have a but load of stuff to do.thanks

Old 04-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Willow9238
Default RE: Back brake drum removal?

Alright, here's the deal. If you already adjusted the star through the backing plate, then it's just rusted on. You need to get a pry bar of some kind, stick it in between the backing plate and the drum and pry. Be careful not to be that plate. but if ypu do tap it back into place with a hammer. I had to use WD40 and just wait 10 min and try again. It will come off. Good Luck I hope this helps.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
redrocc
Professional
Default RE: Back brake drum removal?

one other thing to check is see if there is a screw (philips) on the face of the drum........i don't know about the neons but quite a few cars have a single philips head screw located on the face of the drum between two wheel studs.

Quick Reply: Back brake drum removal?