Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

p0300 and p0301 on 2004 dodge neon sxt

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 AM
homersaurus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0300 and p0301 on 2004 dodge neon sxt

I know what the codes mean but, not sure how to fix it. I know there may be several possibilities as to why but Im inclined to think it was a tank of bad gas. Several days ago it was freezing cold when i stopped somewhere I normally dont to get gas. I was almost on empty and only put in $10. I forgot to put the gas cap back on. I realized this a block later and pulled over. I noticed my car being sluggish and not accelerating right. Yesterday the check engine light came on. Then it blinked. I got the codes 0300 0301. Would it be worth while to try better gas and or injector cleaner before trying more expensive options? Any other ideas?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Reura
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the same error (P0301), but mine has been on a little while and has not gone off. I just dropped her off at the mechanic today so hopefully he will be able to shed some light on this.

In some of my research, sometimes injector cleaner fixes it, other times the motor needs to be replaced. Its really the "we don't know why this cylinder is misfiring" code.

Quick Reply: p0300 and p0301 on 2004 dodge neon sxt