Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

can someone help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 04:13 AM
winddancer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone help?

can anyone tell me if they have seen or heard of this i have a 95 plym neon mtx 4 door on the trunk it has the neon logo on the rt side but on the left it says "california special edition" now i have never seen any other neon with it i bought the car in 99 with a savage title
for 5000 with 27,000 miles and the sticker was on it

Old 04-22-2005, 11:12 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: can someone help?

ORIGINAL: winddancer

can anyone tell me if they have seen or heard of this i have a 95 plym neon mtx 4 door on the trunk it has the neon logo on the rt side but on the left it says "california special edition" now i have never seen any other neon with it i bought the car in 99 with a savage title
for 5000 with 27,000 miles and the sticker was on it
ill have to double check on that.. but for some reason i seem to think the "california special edition" ones were the low-emissions ones..
its been so long since ive seen one, i very well could be wrong, so ill try to see what i can find out for ya.

edit- all i can find so far is this:

TLEV Low Emissions (SOHC)
The TLEV (Transitional Low Emissions Vehicle) 2.0 litre, SOHC engine is standard in California, Massachusetts (and other states with low-emissions laws) on automatic transmission vehicles. It has been detuned slightly to 129 hp, to improve emissions levels. The compression ratio is reduced to 9.3 to 1, rather than the standard 9.8 to 1.
which, obviously isnt your car since yours is an mtx. im havin a really tough time finding ANY info on a "california special edition" neon.. but i know ive seen a couple in the past as well.

you may need to call Chrysler to find out info if we cant.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

The TLEV (Transitional Low Emissions Vehicle) 2.0 litre, SOHC engine is standard in California, Massachusetts (and other states with low-emissions laws)
I thought California had the toughest emissions in the country, or am I misunderstanding this statement

Old 04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chud298

The TLEV (Transitional Low Emissions Vehicle) 2.0 litre, SOHC engine is standard in California, Massachusetts (and other states with low-emissions laws)
I thought California had the toughest emissions in the country, or am I misunderstanding this statement
cali does have the toughest emissions laws. but other states follow their laws.. so really, theres quite a few states all sharing the same emissions standards for tests.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:00 AM
winddancer

thanks for all the help i thought it might have been put there for sales that is not the reson i bought it it was the best for the money and i still yet to fail emission and it run good but i just had to change some sensors and the pmc but it is still stock and i raced a crx the other day i lost but it was becuse i spun the tire thought 1-2 and held 1st to long but i was on his back quarter panel the whole way and gaining he had his headers done cai and exhaust done i want to leave mine mostly stock i want to put in cai and mew muffler trying to race this weekend more later