DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-neon-6/)
-   -   Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-neon/23605-why-you-shouldnt-run-platinum-plugs-in-the-neon.html)

SlowAssNeon 04-28-2005 10:59 PM

Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon!

ok, ive noticed quite a bit around here about people running platinum plugs, and while i couldnt fully remember the reasons why they are bad (other than theyve been dyno proven to lose power) .. i went ahead and dug up a couple threads over on neons.org that should help you guys out and understand why they are bad for the neon:

while i could have copied/pasted the info here, i felt it would be much better/easier for you guys to just click on those two links and do a little reading.

so again, i will state that platinum plugs are BAD to use in the neon. get some NGKs! (the V-powers or the Iridiums are just fine)

tchase 04-29-2005 01:35 AM

RE: Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon!

I've been sticking with the the champion coppers having already been advised against the platinums. I wondered if there was any reason behind it and now I know that it's because of the type of ignition system. Thanks

SlowAssNeon 04-29-2005 03:07 AM

next time you change the plugs, go with the NGKs instead of the champions. the champs have been having quality issues for the last year or so.. where plugs are literally falling apart. not cool to have happen.
ill try to dig up some threads about that too if needed.

tchase 04-29-2005 10:10 AM

Thanks for the tip, I may well take you up on that today as the current set has been in there for quite a while.

BadStratRT 04-29-2005 07:28 PM

i had plats in my RT for a while and the car ran like ass with them..so i got NGK..

SlowAssNeon 04-30-2005 01:38 AM

someone should sticky this ;)

BadStratRT 04-30-2005 03:01 AM

done...

chud298 04-30-2005 01:18 PM

My dad had used the platnums on his monte for 21 years now so he had me get them because they were always great. When I saw this post I had showed him and it made sense. I think I have a little problem with misfiring and so I decided to go with the ones you suggested to see if it'll work. My dad bought them for me but I won't be able to put them in until next wednesday (work lol) so I'll let you know how it works. It makes sense on how it'll fix a couple little problems so I'll see if it gets fixed. Thanks for this post lol.

chud298 05-02-2005 11:35 AM

I had time to replace them yesturday. This morning my car ran better thanks for the help. I pulled out the platiums and they looked a little burnt. I turned on my car this morning and it didn't bog down like it used to, there was a couple of small things I noticed that was better when I changed the plugs. I heard though the NGK's don't last as long as like the champions, is that true???

SlowAssNeon 05-02-2005 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: chud298
I heard though the NGK's don't last as long as like the champions, is that true???
that im not sure of. i change my plugs every other oil change, and so far the ngk's have looked better overall imho. but functionally, they both worked about the same.