Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

PCM problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:13 AM
jd254
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM problem?

Symptoms:
-6 months ago- car failed to start. clicking and whirling noise coming from the fuse box. after a few attempts, it started right up.
-5 months ago- same thing, I cleaned out the battery terminals (heavy build up), started right up
-5 months ago- same thing happened, I replaced the battery terminals. I forgot to tighten the negative terminal nut. car would drive and I would lose power as I'm driving... fixed it by tightening the nut.
-last month- same thing. nothing worked. battery replacement... terminal replacement... nothing... so i replaced the PCM. it's refurbished. EVERYTHING WORKED! yay!
-a few days after that-
1. my speakers made weird clicking noise. days later...
2. my gauges in my cluster would lose power and fall. days later...
3. stereo head unit loses power and resets all my settings.... days later
4. power flutter throughout the car. acceleration power decrease, lights dim on n off, gauge cluster would fall and back up.

it's really a mixture of those problem. and it rarely happens. 4 times since I got my car back, and i use my car everyday. n it happens after 10 mins of cranking the car cold and driving. I have a lifetime warranty on the computer from ebay. should I get another one? customer service seemed very helpful.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Twkdout066
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have a loose connection clean your ground wire again and clean spot that it connects to on the engine block. Then check inside you fuse box there is a connection where the positive connects to the fuse block to power it (from what you describing it sound like this one is loose or dirty) and do the same. And while you have the hood up push on the computer connectors to make sure they are snapped in tight. Hope this helps fix things

Quick Reply: PCM problem?