Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Coilover installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 12:37 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover installation

Just recieved arospeed coilovers for my 03 sxt. I got the instruction on how to install and understand how to do it, but what are the rubber circle pieces ( large and small ones) Thanks

Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM
mechengineer201
Rookie
Default RE: Coilover installation

I remember back in the day I installed these ****ty *** coilovers on this kids eclipse and it had rubber "shims" (I guess you could call them that) that went around the strut body and were used to position the threaded sleeve concentric with the strut. Seen as how your strut body protrudes out of the stock spring perch, you slip them them on and then slide the coilover adjustment sleeve over them - silicone spray eases this process. I dunno if that is what you are talking about? Either that or they are isolators that slide on the coilover spring perches in between the mount and the spring. Seen as how you have two different sizes I'm guessing the small ones are for the strut body and the larger ones are isolators. I'm not a big fan of el cheapo coilovers and avoid them like the plague - the only true coilover to me is a whole unit including the strut like the mopar ones - but I remember the ones I did were like that - they had large diameter thin rubber pieces for the isolators and smaller diameter fat pieces for the centering the sleeve. Seems there are a few ppl in this forum that have them installed on their cars - they would know better than me.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 PM
nippondrifterae111
Professional
Default RE: Coilover installation

Nah these aren't chaep ones, i installed Arospeed Coilovers on my friends civic si with stock schocks and they were great, stiff yet not so different from stock and they rode nicely. After about 30,000 miles the schocks wore out and he put tokiko illumina's and they were even smoother. I figured they worked good for his car, i'll give it a shot and besides i have springs but im not satisfied with the amount it lowers the fact that they are not adjustable and not stiff enough and they don't lower evenly front to back and left to right. It messed up my **** and so im going coilovers. Thanks for the info though, it helps and i just figured out how to take off the top nut that holds the shaft.

Quick Reply: Coilover installation