Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Pwr Steering & Brakes stopped for 1 min

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
ejohns87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pwr Steering & Brakes stopped for 1 min

Anyone that can give me any idea of what may be happening, it's muchly appreciated!

1. I have a 2003 Dodge sx sport edition with 98,000kms

2. I was driving home yesterday and while turning left onto my lane way i suddenly realized that the power steering seemed to not be working at all, I had to really yank on it to get it to urn left for me. Then pulling into my driveway, I put my foot on the brakes to stop and they were not working either. The brake pedal was easy to push down, but nothing was happening. The brake system warning light, and the oil pressure light came on at this point and I started rolling back down my driveway. I put on the e-brake, and turned the car off, when I restarted the car, the power steering and brakes were working fine again.

3.The check engine light came on and I got the code, it read: P0340.

Now I have had to get teh car towed, because I would start the car, and begin to drive and slowly the car would lose speed, and even when I pressed on the gas, the car would just rev and not increase in speed at all. If I turn off the car, and then back on it will drive fine for a short period of time, but then begin to slow down again and not drive.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM
chronoboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure you problem but i would say i wouldnt drive it till you figure it out not worth your life or other peoples, brakes going out on you can be a pretty hairy experience, ive had it happen twice, i was out in the dunes wheelin all day and near the end of the day i noticed my brakes where starting to feel soft so i decided to run into town and see if i could find the problem, well i was driving though downtown and a light turned red on me went to hit my brakes and their was nothing they went to the floor, so to avoid causing a accident i sent myself off a 5 foot cement wall into the mall parking lot and coasted to a stop "oh ya my E-brake was not hooked up at the time cause i put a diff rearend in and had not got to making a new e-brake" so now if my brakes start to act up at all on anything i dont drive it till i know i have it fixed.

Anyways best of luck and hope you get it fixed, im thinking it might be electrical if all those things went wrong, maybe even a vacum leak but im no expert, this neon is my first modern build, u put me in front of a carbed 350 and i could tell you anthing you need to know

Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

P0340 is the camshaft position sensor. If that isn't working correctly, things can randomly shut off and stop working, up to and including the engine. Sounds like it needs to be replaced. Go with a Dodge part.

Quick Reply: Pwr Steering & Brakes stopped for 1 min