Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Neon
Reload this Page >

2005 Dodge Neon SXT blinker and horn problems.....

Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Dodge Neon SXT blinker and horn problems.....

Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Brysaius2010
Question 2005 Dodge Neon SXT blinker and horn problems.....

I am in dire need of some help. It seems like one thing after another with this car, and it all hit at once like a ton of bricks!! Got most taken care of, but now having trouble with my blinker. The blinker keeps shorting on me. Sometimes it works, but most times I have to hit the steering column to get it to work and my hand is hurting!! It keeps getting worse everyday, and to top it off now my horn has quit working on me About ready to give up after all the money i have had to fork over with all the problems I've been having....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

If the blinker works after you hit the steering column, it sounds like the MFS (multifunction switch) and/or wiring is bad. The wiring that connects to the MFS can melt, or the switch just gets screwed up.

As for the horn, have you checked the fuse?

Old 09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Brysaius2010

I will check the fuse for horn. Don't know why I haven't yet....just stressed I guess. As for the mfs, is that easy to replace myself or something I should take to a professional?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

If you have a steering wheel removal tool and know how to properly remove an airbag without setting it off, then yeah, go for it yourself. If not...

Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

I don't think removing steering wheel is necessary to replace MFS on Neons. Just remove the upper and lower steering column plastic cover, you should be able to remove the MFS.
tools u need is
a Philip Screw driver,
Flat hate screw drive,
(maybe) a T20 torx screw driver
and a Flash Light.

Stick ur head under the steering column shround with a flash light, see what type of screw is it.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Good stuff! I'm used to have to pull the steering wheel to replace things on the column.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Brysaius2010

Thank you for your help. I will try it tonight and search for the mfs.....just been busy at work. As for the horn, it decided to work again and I haven't even looked at it yet.....go figure. Now I'm wondering if there is something else I need to worry about...faulty wiring, bad switch, or if any previous repairs like new alternator have anything to do with it. I guess I will find out soon enough! I will keep updated thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 05:22 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Brysaius2010 View Post
Thank you for your help. I will try it tonight and search for the mfs.....just been busy at work. As for the horn, it decided to work again and I haven't even looked at it yet.....go figure. Now I'm wondering if there is something else I need to worry about...faulty wiring, bad switch, or if any previous repairs like new alternator have anything to do with it. I guess I will find out soon enough! I will keep updated thanks
Probably the Horn relay, a bad horn, or a bad horn grounding. The horn ground off the case and the mounting bolt, trying cleaning it up w/ sand paper if it decides to crap out again. or swap relay.
Horn is behind the driver side head lamp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT blinker and horn problems.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: