Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

SRT4 engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
birdman23kd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT4 engine Swap

ok im new here. just bought a 03 neon SE w/ the 2.0L 16valve SOHC and an automatic. i want to turn this into a srt-4 and maybe put the manual tranny in. any idea of what all i need and what will and wont fit(if possible ways to fix the things that dont match up). its a daily driver so i dont really need hi-performance stuff just somthin to hang with the annoying subaru imprez crew and the honda/acura crews around the area. no detail to small and resources or people who have done it are encouraged.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Aerorat
All Star

The srt 4 motor and tranny will change out easy. Will use the mounts.Just having to change the wiring harness for the body to the car.
Not sure but I believe you will need the Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (S.K.I.M.), key, turning barrel (key switch) and PCM with the same vin number. Will need the wiring harness for the srt 4 motor.Of coarse the intercooler and plumbing.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 AM
birdman23kd

how much could i be lookin at for this type of swap and install

Old 07-07-2007, 01:47 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: birdman23kd

how much could i be lookin at for this type of swap and install
Theres a company in Pennsylvania that will do a complete swap (parts, labor, even a hotel room!) for $5,500...

Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Yea, yea take the easy way out pay someone else to do it. You take much more pride in your project if you do it yourself.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:28 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

Yea, yea take the easy way out pay someone else to do it. You take much more pride in your project if you do it yourself.
Totally agree. Which is why I do all my work myself.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:23 PM
themayor420 nuttss
Default srt-4 swap

Originally Posted by adamcampbell
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this site. been here just wasnt a member, it seems like a great place (very knowledgeable ppl) and a bunch of family teaching and learning from each other. thats kool I just have a question that I couldnt find in the posts, ok I'm getting ready to do a srt4 swap into my 1st gen and I have an idea of everything I am going to need to complete the swap the only thing is the engine mounts.. will they have to be fabricated or can they be purchased from somewhere??? and just to doubl check I can still use my trans. with the new engine right? should have the same sensor plugs just cut-n-splice [:@] into the new harness/ well thanx alot any info would be nice
reply u can use the stock tranny we did and it handled 28 psi boost 4 the 2 years we kept the car.u can use most factory motor mounts. the pass. side mout that is bolted 2 the car has 2 b moved forward a inch.the driver side trans mount,must drill out spot welds and move mount down and forward an inch and a half.we made a mount that connected the rear bobble strut mount and the front mont together with 1/4 inch plate and square bar.would not reccomend after market computer 2 run the car nothin but problems car never ran totally right even after 20 tuneings and dyno runs

Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 AM
yellowz24
Default about an srt motor swap in 1st gen neon

now, i have done the motor swap , the motor mounts are done, but i cant get it to run, i have the under the hood wiring for the srt and computer, and key, and key barrel, now under the dash i only have a harness out of a 01 sx 2.0. the car will wined over but will not actually run. the fuel pump kicks in and i have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and i think it reads 30-40psi, i have all the nessary harness plugged in : knock sensor, throttle body, map sensor, oil pressure, crank sensor, and camshaft sensor . does anyone have any ideas to help me alone with this.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Turbo350cody
Exclamation ok im doing a 2 gen. engine swap.

ok so ima get a 2002 dodge neon and wanna do an engine swap with a srt-4 stage 2....where could i find a cheap engine assembly with clutch petal, and dash. and boost gauge. and srt-4 tranny....i can do the rest i just need help finding the engine and tranny....any ideas??

selling my truck here it is...

Attached Thumbnails  SRT4 engine Swap-photo0008.jpg    SRT4 engine Swap-photo0010.jpg    SRT4 engine Swap-photo0016.jpg    SRT4 engine Swap-photo0023.jpg    SRT4 engine Swap-photo0019.jpg  

Quick Reply: SRT4 engine Swap