Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Dodge neon Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012 | 12:52 PM
hands3405
|
Default 2005 Dodge neon Transmission

My car just started grinding when shifting into 5th gear. It only grinds going into fifth and no other gear. It wont grind when im going about 50 mph and have the car at about 1.5k rpms. Didn't know if anybody else had this problem with this year or not. And wanted to know before spending alot of money replacing the transmission or the clutch if anybody might know a quick fix for the car.

Old 04-17-2012 | 08:31 PM
dsingeorgia

i m not a mechanic by far but have some similar problems with slipping and what i m finding out is change the transmission oil and filter and have what is called a transmission modulator changed which is what tells it when to switch...However what i am finding is the modulator consists of different parts, and can be fairly cheap if you do your homework. Good luck.

Old 04-24-2012 | 02:48 AM
yokotaashi
Amateur

You're in luck if you're into diy, you can replace 5th without taking out the transmission or messing with too much. You may also check the shifting and make sure everything is tight enough, make sure the shifter is fully engaging 5th gear.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge neon Transmission