Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Irritating Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Robyn Linden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irritating Vibration

I know this question has been asked a thousand times before but I'm tired of looking for six year old answers.

I bought a 2001 neon for my daughter that has seen better days. One of the most recent problems it has presenting is vibrating when the car is stopped...like at traffic lights. The longer the car stays idle the worse the vibration gets. I've had two of the motor mounts replaced and those didn't seem to make any difference on the vibration. I cleaned the IAC today and no difference.

Can someone start throwing some suggestions my way. I'm looking for DIY things first.

Thanks up front!

Old 10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
not-a-car-guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any luck with this problem?

Hi, my 2003 neon is doing the same thing, mostly when the engine is cold. I accelerate and it makes a grinding / vibrating noise. If im at a light it starts to make a loud vibrating noise. I pop the car into neutral and it goes away. Put it in gear and start to accelerate and it comes back. I have had ball joints and control arm replaced, passenger motor mount replaced, and no luck. Have you found any resolution to your problem?

Quick Reply: Irritating Vibration