Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

grs in a 98 neon

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
civic_eater
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grs in a 98 neon

Hello,
I'm a fng to this forum, but I have a question.

I have a 98 neon sohc (which is no long in), and Im looking to gain as much hp as possible. I know there's an 2.6 stroker that will bolt right up. However Im looking to beat and EVO. I'm still doing research on maxing out to 400 hp.

I'm a machinist so any fab that needs to be done I can do it myself.

Now for my question, Will the grs fit? If so how much fab under the hood do I need.. I really wanna stay all USA made. But I know that Dodge and Misubishi share some of the same engines. ANY comment will be helpful..

Thanks

Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Pick a motor. Forged internals. Turbo. Fuel and tune. 400whp. I would have to say 350-400whp is easy to obtain. If you want to get creative stick an older DOHC turbo dodge motor in. So many different routes. I like the 2.0, some people go 2.4. Something that would be cool is to get one of the older dodge dohc turbo motors. They come stock forged. I know people have matched the 2.0 bell to an older 2.2 style. Something interesting is the older 2.5 turbo motors can use srt-4 internals. Not sure if there is a benefit, but just an example of all the different ways and creative ideas flowing out there. For me I plan to rebuild a 2.0 dohc motor with forged internals, arp head studs, porting, cams, and a few secret internal upgrades I designed. I plan to push around 30 psi, which i hope is around 450-500whp area. Im using the he351cw holset turbo, aem FIC, srt-4 injectors, and methanol.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:13 PM
civic_eater

Thanks I_Ride,
I was thinking of taking an old 2.5 from a shadow but can't seem to find and spec on the engine. I'm going to do some research on some older engine's today. Again thanks for the info.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
civic_eater
Default Finally

I finally found the engine, AND its all MOPAR. The 2.6 stroker outlaw is the engine. Now I can start REALLY get it to this build.

Thanks to all the info I got on this thread and the other I have read.. I will send pics to my build and keep everyone updated on how its going.. Hopefully this summer I'll have it out and running down CIVICS

Quick Reply: grs in a 98 neon