Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Engine Virbration

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
justme558
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Virbration

Hi, I am new to the site and need some advice. I have a 2005 Neon SXT that has a lot of engine vibration. I have had ALL of the motor mounts replaced, the timing belt and water pump replaced, the Idler Control valve cleaned, new plugs and wires, and just purchased new tires all the way around.
I feel the engine shake while idling, feel it in the steering wheel and accelerator, the dash, everything! Tire kingdom guy told me that a lot of the neons shake if the coolant motor is broke, and gave me a quote for 535.00 to a new coolant assy. Didn't even "look" at it, just said it was common, REALLY? That's hard for me to believe. I am doing this "process of illimation here" but it is so costly. Does anyone have any ideas?

justme558

Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
justme558

Oh, forgot to tell you, the car has 123,000 milies on it.

justme558

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM
justme558

Can someone please help me------
Hi, I am new to the site and need some advice. I have a 2005 Neon SXT that has a lot of engine vibration. I have had ALL of the motor mounts replaced, the timing belt and water pump replaced, the Idler Control valve cleaned, new plugs and wires, and just purchased new tires all the way around.
I feel the engine shake while idling, feel it in the steering wheel and accelerator, the dash, everything! Tire kingdom guy told me that a lot of the neons shake if the coolant motor is broke, and gave me a quote for 535.00 to a new coolant assy. Didn't even "look" at it, just said it was common, REALLY? That's hard for me to believe. I am doing this "process of illimation here" but it is so costly. Does anyone have any ideas?

the car has 123,000 milies on it.
justme558[/QUOTE]

Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go back to whoever changed the motor mounts and ask them if they did they torque strut alignment procedure after they changed the motor mounts. It's surprising how many people don't. The vibration could be because they used cheap aftermarket motor mounts. If you search this forum, you'll find numerous threads about engine vibration. I hate to say it, but it sounds like the person who told you that you need a new "coolant motor" is trying to take advantage of you. There's no such thing as a coolant motor on a Neon (or any other car as far as I know).

Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional

Did the Tire Kingdom guy also suggest that he tune your battery and grease your muffler bearings? :-)

Quick Reply: Engine Virbration