Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Fuel Injector Cleaner VS Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005 | 05:18 PM
PAGODA
Default Fuel Injector Cleaner VS Service

hi there,
i was wondering about getting a Fuel System/Injector Service done to my car? its a 3 Stage Sstem and there is a 4th stage where they clean your throttle body also. anyone ever get this done? is it benefical? whats the diffence between this Service at $109.99 +tax CDN verses a Bottle for Fuel Injector Cleaner for $5? Thank for all your input

P'S i fgured this would get rid of the rough idle

Old 09-24-2005 | 08:49 PM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Fuel Injector Cleaner VS Service

If it is not to horrible then good fuel injector cleaner should be good enough. But make sure to use products like Mopar Top Engine Clean or Redline SL-1. If you are having noticable problems and suspect a clogged injector or carbonized throttle body then a good service is the only thing that will work. So if you are not having trouble then injector cleaner for maintenance but an injector service up to and including the throttle body is a must for problem cars.

Old 09-26-2005 | 11:23 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fuel Injector Cleaner VS Service

I personally don't use any additives in my fuel or oil... But an occasional dose of FI cleaner may help extend the life. My original ones are currently going on 238,000 miles though... Still work.

A FI service is going to actually inspect each injector, verify pulse width over the operating range, verify spray pattern, and should ensure flow is balanced for the whole set. TB cleaning can be done with some rags, q-tips, and a bottle of carb cleaner. If you're able to get your injectors done properly, it's worth a couple of ponies most of the time. More importantly, balanced flow means that you aren't running one cylinder abnormally lean/rich... Typical prices I've seen are $80-90US.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaner VS Service