Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

New Dodge Neon

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:13 PM
NEONDRIVER4LIFE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Neon

Hey Guys,

I just got my new Neon, and I am in loving this car! They're so small and sporty and I love driving it! It's like a little go kart! I do want to do some work to it in the future and add a turbo and work on the drivetrain and suspension. I was curious, for those ppl who have a Neon, what the max rpm I should try and obtain? If at all possible could I get up to 9000rpm or am I playing with fire?

thanks everyone!

Last edited by NEONDRIVER4LIFE; 10-01-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:20 PM
ed15002014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NEONDRIVER4LIFE
Hey Guys,

I just got my new Neon, and I am in loving this car! They're so small and sporty and I love driving it! It's like a little go kart! I do want to do some work to it in the future and add a turbo and work on the drivetrain and suspension. I was curious, for those ppl who have a Neon, what the max rpm I should try and obtain? If at all possible could I get up to 9000rpm or am I playing with fire?

thanks everyone!
If you want to get higher rpm you could do an engine swap with a Honda engine they go up past 9000 rpm or even a hayabusa engine would work they are like 1.3L with loads of rpm.

Or you could try this mod:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-neon/345988-motor-shoots-up-to-8-000-rpm-with-no-warning-by-itself-stumped.html

Good luck with your mods!

Quick Reply: New Dodge Neon