Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2004 neon no compression

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 05:55 PM
dnpdover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 neon no compression

About month ago timing belt stripped. Replaced it. Checked compression and all cylinders were within specifications. Car has ran fine since. Coming down highway about 65 mph and it just dies. Won't hit a lick. Got an engine code of 340 which is camshaft sensor. Timing is fine. Fuel is fine. Have no compression in any cylinder which seems awfully odd that all of a sudden no cylinder would have any compression. Anybody got any ideas?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:53 AM
joebmx

Any luck finding out the issue? Similar thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to check my timing belt yet though. Car was driving fine, no mishaps or anything, I stopped for a snack, went to start it up and it would just spin. I ran the code and got the same faulty sensor as you, and did the swap right where the car broke down. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Had it towed home and after running a compression test had 55 psi in cylinder 1,4 and no compression in 2,3. My buddy told me it could be a head gasket or maybe a valve. It was a bout time to change my timing belt anyway but I'm still deciding how deep I want to get into this.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM
dnpdover

Problem ended up being a broken camshaft. Broke right after it entered through the head on the timing end. Looked through timing hole while someone cranked engine and it was turning. Took camshaft sensor off and had someone crank engine while I watched. Shaft didn't turn.

Quick Reply: 2004 neon no compression