Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

04 Neon 2.0 stalling issues

Old 07-25-2015, 09:07 PM
willie101474
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Neon 2.0 stalling issues

Hello,
I have an 04 neon 2.0 that I bought from a buddy and brought back to life. I am having problems with the car stalling at stops. When I bough it, the cam pin was broken and the transmission was in limp mode. I replaced the pin and timing belt and drove the car a mile or two before I addressed the transmission issue. It seemed fine at that point and wasnt stalling. I then replaced the transmission silonoid with one from the junk yard. It goes threw all the gears now but shifts a little rough. After I did the silonoid is when I noticed it started stalling at stops. Sometimes I had a hard time getting it to start again. I changed the IAC but that wasnt it. Is it possible the Transmission selonoid is causing the stalling by not disengaging the torqe converter or something like that?

Old 07-26-2015, 01:37 PM
willie101474
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Well I chanced the solenoid. It seems to be shifting better but still stalling at stops. Could the belt be off a tooth? Would timing being off a little cause that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 Neon 2.0 stalling issues