Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Kdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket wheels

As some may already know, i have a silver '04 neon sxt. I have already spent some cash on an AEM cold air intake and have gotten a fairly good system. My interior is now like a rave at night with the neons and strobes i have installed, my next planned add on will be new wheels and tires.

Now for the part where you come in, what wheel size/type, and tires should i get? And does anyone know a website where I can get a good deal and not get screwed?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: aftermarket wheels

I personally would get the 17 X 7 Tenzo R Passion 5 wheels(in silver or gunmetal) and either the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 or BF Goodrich G-Force KDW II tires. But if you need an all season tire, I would go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE 950. Most wheel shops can get the wheels and the tires, tirerack.com is a great place to check out both.

Here is the Passion 5 wheels.

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Mk268081647.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Slaywick
Default RE: aftermarket wheels

Without suspension mods in the rear of your neon the largest rim that will fit is a 16". I am a dodge tecnician and we tried to put SRT-4 wheels on an SXT and the inside of the tire hit on the rear shock...Go with 16 x 7-9

Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Kdog
Default what kinda mod needed?

im thinking of swapping my suspension already, what kind of mod is needed in the back? im thinking of going with coilovers all around so i can drop my car an inch or so, would a 17" fit with coilover shocks in the back? i have hardly seen any 16's anywhere.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:25 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: what kinda mod needed?

Why? The suspension on the SRT-4 is a good compromise for most driving conditions. Unless you are planning on taking it to the track, I'd leave it pretty much alone except for a STB and an anti sway bar. You start messing with one thing, and then you have to go adjust another thing, with unknown results. Watch the next NASCAR race for an example, they don't spend most of their time fiddling with the engines, they spend almost ALL their time trying to get the suspension right. You think you're smarter than they are???

Don't take my word for it, see the Jan/04 issue of SportCompactCar.....

Save your money for engine mods!!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Kdog
Default RE: what kinda mod needed?

Im wanting to drop the overall stance of my car by a little bit, plus i would like to stiffen the overall feel of the ride. I dont have the srt4 either, just the standard neon.

Quick Reply: aftermarket wheels