Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

No brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 09:58 AM
jason hamby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No brake lights

Every light and blinker work on my neon except for the brake lights. The tail lights and the third brake light works but the driver and passenger side will not light up. I'm not sure what my plan of attack should be here. Press help!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check the bulbs first. Then the fuse.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:46 PM
jason hamby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bulbs work fine. We have also already checked the fuse. Unless we missed something and there are more than one fuses for the rear brake lights. At this point we are assuming that since the third brake light AND the running tail lights work, that there must be a power issue with the wire going to the rear lights for specifically the brake light to work. We rerouted power (just added a wire going from the third brake light wire to the rear brake light wire) from the wire for the third brake light and the brake lights worked, however in doing that we made it so that the third brake light now flashes when the blinker is on.. (Haha)