Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

02 dodge neon. Won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Shanewines
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 dodge neon. Won't start.

Okay, so two days ago my car was running fine. Yesterday, I get into my car, push the clutch Down, and turn the key and it wouldn't start. Once I pulled my key out I noticed the car was acting as if the car was still on. Couldn't lock my doors, radio remained on, etc. so I disconnected my battery. Went through trial and error, bought a new battery ($115), bought a new ignition switch ($20) and a new key cylinder($60). When I put the new switch in the car started acting a little better. It recognized my key was in, or out of it so I was able to lock the doors electrically. But none the less it still isn't starting. It almost feels like how it would feel when you forget to push the clutch down when turning the key, but with the clutch fully down. Could it be my clutch switch? Or any ideas on what I'm dealing with ? Super confused as it was just running fine yesterday.. any help or guidence is appreciated.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:32 PM
boatn19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get this figured out? I'm having a similar problem.

Originally Posted by Shanewines
Okay, so two days ago my car was running fine. Yesterday, I get into my car, push the clutch Down, and turn the key and it wouldn't start. Once I pulled my key out I noticed the car was acting as if the car was still on. Couldn't lock my doors, radio remained on, etc. so I disconnected my battery. Went through trial and error, bought a new battery ($115), bought a new ignition switch ($20) and a new key cylinder($60). When I put the new switch in the car started acting a little better. It recognized my key was in, or out of it so I was able to lock the doors electrically. But none the less it still isn't starting. It almost feels like how it would feel when you forget to push the clutch down when turning the key, but with the clutch fully down. Could it be my clutch switch? Or any ideas on what I'm dealing with ? Super confused as it was just running fine yesterday.. any help or guidence is appreciated.