Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Neon SXT Oil Pressure Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 04:27 AM
DaNeonSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Neon SXT Oil Pressure Light

Hello All,

I have owned three Neons in my lifetime, a 2000 Neon SE (Gold), a 2001 Neon SE (Silver) and now a 2005 Neon SXT (Black.)

Ive never had any problems with any of my cars, but I have run into a bit of a problem with my current car and I need some assistance.

Intermittently, when I am driving the car the oil pressure light will come on and ill hear the standard dodge "ding" whenever I come to a stop, either at a drive thru or when I am sitting in traffic. However, this ONLY occurs when the engine RPM's go below 1000. If I hold the brake and step slightly on the gas pedal the light turns off and all seems well, until I take my foot off the gas pedal and the light will turn on again and the sound will "ding" again.

Some days it will happen each time the cars RPM's get below 1000, and some days I wont hear it at all, even when the engine RPM's get below 1000. It happens intermittently. However, when it does happen, it will always happen for the rest of the day, and sometimes, it wont.

Here is a link of a youtube video of the problem, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: I have 0 error codes.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

So, I assume you've actually checked the oil level? Sorry if that's obvious, but if you don't state that up front, we have no way of knowing.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
DaNeonSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
So, I assume you've actually checked the oil level? Sorry if that's obvious, but if you don't state that up front, we have no way of knowing.
I have gotten an oil change about a month ago, the oil level is full, and pretty new. I checked the oil level periodically when this problem started happening, and there were no signs of any leaks. oil level remained full.

thanks for the question!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

You need to verify if it's the sender or the pump with a mechanical gauge to know for sure.