2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

05 Dodge Neon Vibrates when in idle and in gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Gracie Clark
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 05 Dodge Neon Vibrates when in idle and in gear

I have a 2005 SXT 2.0L Dodge Neon automatic, approximately has 143,333 miles on it. I've had my car for about 7 years, i try to keep the maintenance up on it, but the past 3 years i struggled. I had the Upper and Lower motor mounts changed, timing belt, idler pulley, water pump, and spark plugs changed as well about a week ago. Before i had the mounts changed my poor car would shake all the time, even when driving. now the shaking has reduced drastically, EXCEPT for when I'm in gear and the car is idling. It will vibrate so much that my dash and steering wheel literally bounce. I'm afraid that the vibrating will ruin the motor mounts i just paid for. If anyone has any solutions it would be much appreciated.

Also, my mechanic has told me my lower control arm bushings are gone and need replaced, and my rear right wheel bearing is going bad. I just don't have the funds to fix these.

The following users liked this post:
Midwellman (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 10:09 PM
Midwellman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gracie Clark
I have a 2005 SXT 2.0L Dodge Neon automatic, approximately has 143,333 miles on it. I've had my car for about 7 years, i try to keep the maintenance up on it, but the past 3 years i struggled. I had the Upper and Lower motor mounts changed, timing belt, idler pulley, water pump, and spark plugs changed as well about a week ago. Before i had the mounts changed my poor car would shake all the time, even when driving. now the shaking has reduced drastically, EXCEPT for when I'm in gear and the car is idling. It will vibrate so much that my dash and steering wheel literally bounce. I'm afraid that the vibrating will ruin the motor mounts i just paid for. If anyone has any solutions it would be much appreciated.

Also, my mechanic has told me my lower control arm bushings are gone and need replaced, and my rear right wheel bearing is going bad. I just don't have the funds to fix these.
you
Mine too is doing this shaking and loudness. Please let me know if you figure this out.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Nilo420
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure to check the motor mount that is in the fender well. The lower control arms are cheap on rockauto I believe I paid under 80$ for both of mine with shipping

Old 05-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Dirtywerk
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My son gave me his '05 Neon w/123,000 miles in 2021. It had a vibration at idle and while driving. Idle vibration got worse which made the center dash panel rattle. I had bought the TB kit, the three motor mounts and trans mount in order to replace all at the same time. I noticed that the top MM had sheared rubber ribs so replaced it. That eliminated a fair amount of the vibration. The trans and the MM in front of the TB are filled with fluid so yours probably has ruptured so they no longer prevent motor movement and allows it to shake the car. Had the same type of MM in a Ford Taurus that vibrated badly after 2 lost their fluid.

Quick Reply: 05 Dodge Neon Vibrates when in idle and in gear