Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

doors & windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:20 PM
michaels2604
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doors & windows

My windows keep making this sound like wind is coming in through them how can I get rid of it?
All Four doors do this but it has the padding there to keeo it from doing so what else can I do?

Old 11-30-2005, 12:33 AM
whyte69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: doors & windows

all neons have been known to do this, but is more troublesome in the 1st gen neons. This could be caused by the window not forming a complete seal in the rubber surround. You can have this done at an autobody shop, but is easy enough to fix by yourself with a few simple tools.

-If you have power doors/windows disconnect the negative cable from your battery
-open the door and roll the window all the way down
-if you don't have power windows on your car you'll have to remove the window crank by sliding a shop cloth back and forth under the crank and slowly pry it away from the door.
-remove all the visible screws that may be attaching the door moulding to the car, this includes those around the sides of the door
-remove the weather stripping that surrounds the window (where the window meets the door, at the bottom)
-remove the push-in fasteners by working a flat blade screwdriver under the door moulding, it will pop away from the door with a bit of pressure, work your way around the door until they're all out
-if there are any electrical components in the door, you'll have to disconnect them before you can take the panel completely off the car, but don't let the door just hang there
-Loosen the inner belt stabilizer nut(it should be on the top edge of the door
-There should be a nut towards the front of the door that controls how far up the glass is allowed to move
-There is a matching nut at the back of the door that is third from the top of the door that needs to be loosened.
- move the window upwards until you're sure that a tight fit is achieved, you should be able to pinch a peice of paper in the window but still be able to pull it through without ripping the paper
-do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let go of the glass while those screws are loose, it can allow the glass to fall and shatter.
-replacement is the reverse of removal, don't forget to re-attach your negative battery connection upon completion.

I've done this on my own car, but this does not make me a professional. If you are unsure on this, please consult someone with some technical knowledge. I will not take any blame for any damage done to your car should you follow my instructions.

Quick Reply: doors & windows