Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

turbo neon 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:05 AM
neonrt01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo neon 2

I am in the same boat as the last post on turboing the neon only i'm a few steps farther along the he is.
My question is the kit from hann the stage 2 kit comes with all the goodies blow off valve, the fuel injectors and pump, ect. what else will i need!!
I have already spent 4000 grand at the shop the oringal 2.0 ho motor is gone, the block was bored .20 over with ross racing piston (8.5 comp.), everything else was replaced with beefer goodies as well for the bottom end. As for the top end the only thing that was done was i had them install a comp. cam that was supposed to be good up to 15 psi, the head was port and polished. Then the hole motor was balanced and blue printed. I am going to buy the kit for myself for christmas but. Here's where i need help!!! I just read the post with the other guy. So when i get this kit do i or do i not need to upgrade the computer. One time a guy says boost and pcm = power one guy say no. So i am asking for all yeah or no.

Also off the subject here a little bit but has anyone tried to take a head off an srt and but on the 2.0 is it possible or not?
I was told no but everyone has there own opinion.
If this has been tried or failed please let me know thanks a hole lot.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: turbo neon 2

Well..stock I guess not...mopar apparantly yes...but Ive heard of map clamping which might do the trick but I really dont know anyone who has done it....your best bet is to buy a megasquirt ecu cheap and easy. did you predrill /tap your radiator and oil pan?? Did you do the intercooler piping, replace fuel pump, injectors, rail and all that??

Old 11-30-2005, 08:59 PM
neonrt01

The stage two kits come with:
Kit Includes: TD05-16G-10CM2 Turbocharger, exhaust manifold, intake and piping, fuel system including the Hahn RaceCraft Port Fueler mounting system, additional injectors, control module, and fuel lines, oiling system, blow off valve, front mount intercooler (core dimensions 24â€x6.5â€x4.5â€) with integral return chamber, intercooler piping, all installation hardware, gaskets, couplers and clamps.

Optional 20G Turbo available

I am ordering it with the 20g turbo as well. I want to be pushing 350 ponies but u never know after this i will need to really look into all new tranny parts and drivetrain!
I am thinking that the control module that comes with it is all that i will need but not for sure??????

Old 11-30-2005, 11:57 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Nice...But did you just say that you havent replaced any drivetrain and tranny parts??? Not a good Idea if you even mildly race it...You better upgrade to a better clutch and cv axles...@ 350 hp the more power pushed to the wheels the better the results. But not great results when you have all of the power to the wheels on bad cv axles...theyll prolly last you a while until you save up for some tho... If I were spending that kind of money on my car whats another 2-300 for high HP axles. Good Idea to get better differential as well...

Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 AM
neonrt01

Yeah i am for sure looking at the stage two or three kit from mopar that is good for 450 or more or something like that. The only reason i haven't really started looking hard into drvietrain parts is cause i want to get the turbo kit on and all the bugs worked out of it and then start on the tranny and drivtrain.
Want i really really want to do is get a six speed tranny kit or a tranny from something else. So that is what i have been doing my homework on right now. So if any one has a road to lead me down that for will be appreciated. thanks

Has any took the tranny, transfer case and rear end from an all wheel drive eclispe and ever put on a neon?

Quick Reply: turbo neon 2