Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Shift solenoid or Electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Fences
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift solenoid or Electrical?

Recently my shift solenoid went out. Speedometer dropped to 0, couldnt get out of 2nd gear, all that.

So I replaced it with some trouble, and start it up. Ran great for 5 seconds, stalled out. Now when I try, stalls after two seconds. The red 'thief' light flashes, and every other light stays on.

I've read that it could be the pcm, and it *seems* like it is probably something to do with the security system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:24 AM
TheorigJoker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fences
Recently my shift solenoid went out. Speedometer dropped to 0, couldnt get out of 2nd gear, all that.

So I replaced it with some trouble, and start it up. Ran great for 5 seconds, stalled out. Now when I try, stalls after two seconds. The red 'thief' light flashes, and every other light stays on.

I've read that it could be the pcm, and it *seems* like it is probably something to do with the security system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
do you know if your security system has been activated which there’s many ways it could be activated without you even knowing it and if so, have you turned it off?

Quick Reply: Shift solenoid or Electrical?