Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Rim questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:36 PM
tonedef1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim questions

does anyone know if the rims off a dodge stealth will fit on a neon? and what other car rims will fit a neon. Does anyone know the neon rims specs. thanks in advance!

Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Rim questions

If you have the 5 lug, its 5X100

Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Rim questions

The Stealth is a 5x114, so that won't fit... unless you feel like shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a good adapter... each...

There are a number of cars that share the same bolt patterns as the Neons, whether you have the 4 lug (4x100) or 5 lug (5x100) version. Problem is finding a wheel that has the same or close offset and also has the same center bore as the Neon. Neons, like most modern cars, are hubcentric, meaning the hub is designed to carry the load, NOT the lug nuts (lug centric). If the center of the wheel is not snug against the hub, you will eventually cause damage to the wheels and/or lugs. In my case, it was launching the driver's front wheel across 4 lanes on the highway... The Neon's hub is 57.1mm. Most other cars you'll find out there are smaller. The Integra, for example, has a 56.1mm hub and a 5x100 bolt pattern. It's an incredibly snug fit, but it has been done. The Miata, on the other hand, has a 54mm hub. Even though it shares the same 4x100 bolt pattern, it wimply won't fit over the Neon's hub snout unless you pay a machine shop $50 per wheel to bore it out. Not to mention that it's a 45mm offset compared to the Neon's 40mm offset, so a 14x6" wheel wrapped in 195/60R14's is going to rub on the rear trailing arm...

Many of the Chrysler cars with the 5x100 bolt pattern will fit perfectly on the 5 lug Neon... Spirit, Shadow, Caravan, etc. A few of the cars have an even bigger hub, pretty sure it was 60mm or so, so don't use those... If you have a 4-lug, then many of the older BMW and VW wheels have the correct pattern and bore, but you really have to be careful of the offset, some are closer to 20mm and will stick way the heck out.

If you're just trying to save a few bucks, you're usually better off finding a decent aftermarket wheel and getting the proper hub rings. I paid under $50 per wheel at Pep Boys for a 14 lb, 14x6" wheel (after the Miata wheel fiasco...), and another $15 for a set of 4 centering form Discount Tire Direct. I couldn't get stock Neon 14x6" alloys from a salvage yard for that price, I looked. Nicer, lighter, name brand wheels like the Kosei K1 15x7's can be had for under $300 for a set of 4 including hub rings.

I had a bookmark with all the bolt patterns and hub bore diameters for all cars, but it looks like they've relocated it temporarily, or I'd pass it on. http://www.prestigewheel.com/HubRingsbyMake.asp if you want to try later (Neon is listed under "Plymouth" only...).

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Rim questions