Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

top gear miss

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 01:26 PM
tomt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top gear miss

hi all. i've had my 2000 A/T a couple of weeks and really do like it. i have noticed a "stumble" or miss only in top gear. i put in new plugs [old ones looked 74k original!] air filter is clean. car is in GREAT condition and runs like the proverbial scalded ape. just that nagging miss. my wife also has a 2000 [nearly identical] and it to has the "stumble". it's hard to tell if it's really a miss, or an "engine shake" thats sympathetic with the mountings at certain engine RPM's. anyone have a clue?? thanks tomt

Old 05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: top gear miss

Are you running the A/C or the defrosters? My '99 R/T would do that when these were on due to the A/C clutch engaging and disengaging, but I also had motor mount inserts so I felt most everything. It could also be a torn motor mount. There are quite a few things that could cause this. Check the computer for codes first, just in case.

Quick Reply: top gear miss