Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

95 sohc really bad gas mileage HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
neonTuner101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 sohc really bad gas mileage HELP

my 95 neon recently took a dive in the gas mileage area... it takes me over a half a tank of gas to go the grocery store ang back and its only like a 10 minute drive... im getting tired of spending half my check a week on gas... i need some help and will apreciate and suggestions thanks..

Old 01-21-2006, 12:55 AM
tchase
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 95 sohc really bad gas mileage HELP

I can't really say exactly what your problem may be, as it could be a number of things. The oxygen sensor is always a good place to look though when you've got fuel consumption issues. What I can say is this: address this issue very soon. If it really is as bad as you say, which I don't doubt, there can be serious consequences for the engine. I had a Laser years ago that was behaving similarly, wonder where all that gas is going? Likely some of it is washing past the piston rings and winding up in the oil pan. Pull your dipstick and have a whiff, does it smell strongly of gas? I wound up taking out the crank in the laser due to there being so much gas in the oil.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:11 AM
neonTuner101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 sohc really bad gas mileage HELP

will do thanks for the tip havent checked my oil since it has started better go do it now... i pulled the o2 sensor in the car i have for parts today and am gonna change iot tomorrow and see if it works better... if not i will buy a new one..

Quick Reply: 95 sohc really bad gas mileage HELP