Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

getting cable through firewall

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:41 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting cable through firewall

Hello all, have a quick and hopefully easy question. Before I got rid of my truck I pulled out all my wiring for my subwolfer and amp. I just installed my Alpine stereo from that as well. I just have one cable left and that is the battery +12Vdc cable left. I have it ran to the trunk and the reamining I just left under the dash. My Questions is where do I go through the fire wall to get to the engine compartment? Or do I need to drill through and then put a water resistnat caulk? And whats the best way of accessing it? do I need to pull part of the dash? or just reach from underneath?

I am going to build a custom box to fit the subwolfer in the back. I will post pics later when I am done

Thanks in advance

Old 05-04-2004, 05:37 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: getting cable through firewall

You can go through an already existing gromet if you want, just get up under the dash and look for them. Thats how I ran the wire for my electric oil pressure gauge in my R/T.

Quick Reply: getting cable through firewall