Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

INSTALATION / M3 Mirrors with blinkers HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:12 PM
ryan311style
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSTALATION / M3 Mirrors with blinkers HELP PLEASE

I read through this site and only found one section about M3 style mirrors with the blinkers..

if my fellow neon brethren can help, ?

I want to install the m3 mirrors on my02 neon. I dont want the blue light to always be on, I want the led to blink its amber blinker when I turn and the rest of the unit be off when driving. I dont know how to install.. the parts never came with instructions.

some people arnt big fans of the m3 mirrors, but if you know any resources or have any advice,, if you have done this mod before, please give me the technical help instaling it, the wireing and all ... very confusing for me..

i sware,, alot of the people who respond are so fricken helpfull, and nice... this is a possitive forum ..lol...

please let me know.. if need be,, my email is ryansellars@hotmail.com

besides the mirror help, does any one know any thing about the quality of vinal interior decals to make wood pattern or black... is it good,, does it peal?

take care brothers.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:58 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: INSTALATION / M3 Mirrors with blinkers HELP PLEASE

I have them on my car set up like you want to. You have to figure out which wire is the ground, which is the blue or amber positive. Just connect the, should be black wire to ground and hot the other 2 one at a time to see which is which and then wire the correct one into your signals. The easiest way is to run it to the front turns.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 AM
ryan311style

What my biggest concern is wireing it right, I am hopeing to wire it under the dash to the blinker switch,, but without a wireing diagram I cant just do it myself.. do you know any were on the net were I can find one? or even ,, could you remember what wire is what...

there is a yellow a green and a white one together in a jacket...

then there is a blue, a whit and a black...

what is what?

I am looking for the amber lights only not gonna use the blue..

thanks for your help!

Old 01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
sysrq

Don't know if it will be the same on your yr but i have a 2005 dodge neon sxt. with the same mirrors. mine did come with a lil piece of paper with japenese letter and a wireing diraphram but doesn't show you what to connect to what wire so it took me acouple days to get it right.

i wired it to the rear lights because i didn't want to run it through the firewall, which was a mistake. because the rear taillights only has two lights the brake light acts also as a turn signal light there for by wireing the side mirrors light into the rear taillights turn signal light makes the lights ont he side mirrors come on whenever the brake is pushed in. the way i found out which wire in the rear was the turn signal was, i unplugged the harness from the taillight and then i took the turn signal wire from the new m3 mirror and touched the prong inside the harness of each wire untell the light came on and flashe don the m3 mirror then i wired it into that wire once the time came to do so.

now i would rather have ran it to the headlights turn signal since theres only one bulb that acts as a turn signal and only that.

the hardest thing will be to figure out is the power mirror wireing if you don't have a book, but if you don't have power mirrors then you got off easy.

one wire from the m3 is amber other is blue, just test it on front or rear harness like i told you and you will see which is which.

i used amber as turn signal than ran the bllue led wire to a switch inside to a custome fitted whole in the side kick panel.

anything else you need to know about this , email me sysrq@comcast.net because i don't come here often.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 PM
sysrq

also there site offers a little simple english version of it. i don't rem it off hand but do a search and you will find it easily. its not much helpbut atleast it will tell you which wire is which etc..

Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: ryan311style

What my biggest concern is wireing it right, I am hopeing to wire it under the dash to the blinker switch,, but without a wireing diagram I cant just do it myself.. do you know any were on the net were I can find one? or even ,, could you remember what wire is what...

there is a yellow a green and a white one together in a jacket...

then there is a blue, a whit and a black...

what is what?

I am looking for the amber lights only not gonna use the blue..

thanks for your help!
There should only be 3 wires per mirror, I am not quite sure what you mean by the 2 different sets of colors. I wired mine to the front parking lights, you can connect the amber power wire to either side of the bulb harness. Just touch the black wire from the mirror to the negative battery terminal and then try each of the other wires, the one that lights amber is the one your gonna use, just tape up the other one and run the wires. When you install the mirrors, just find a good ground, you can connect to a body bolt, the cig lighter ground, run it to the battery, or any other ground.

Quick Reply: INSTALATION / M3 Mirrors with blinkers HELP PLEASE