Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:14 PM
rwo1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!

Hi everyone..My name is Mark....Im new here...but i have a very important question....im not very good with cars, so this might sound like a foolish question. I have a 2004 Neon 2.0 SX....adn just now as i was coming up the blower fan for the heat and defrost etc...just died....seems a little for that to die...any idea where this part is located and if i can fix it myself?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: HELP!!!!

Possibly a relay went bad? Maybe even a fuse. Check your fuse box(es) make sure all the fuses that have to do with the defroster/Fan/AC/heat etc.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:09 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: HELP!!!!

If the fuses and relays check out (you can swap relays with any other relay under the hood, like the horn...), the blower fan isn't all that hard. It's located up in the passenger footwell, held in with 3 bolts. It can be a little bit of a pain because you're cramped in there, but in and out should only take 20 minutes or so. You can find one from your model/year at a salvage yard for maybe $40-50. Dodge uses the same unit in a lot of vehicles though, including my '99 Ram, so finding one shouldn't be all that hard. New they run maybe $75.

Best of luck!