Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Airbag instillation on a 96 neon

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:14 PM
briannareno
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag instillation on a 96 neon

I was looking into buying a new '96 neon, but the car I found has no air bags. I've been looking to see how much instillation would be for them, but I can't find anything. I know it would more than likely depend on where you go an such, but I was just wondering if any one would have any idea around how much it would be. If any one knows, it would be so helpfull! Please let me know!

Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: Airbag instillation on a 96 neon

for the actual bags they will vary, don't go dealership or your going to pay out the wazoo, try to find them in the yard they should't be much at all. yard prices vary but your looking at 25 to 45 bucks per bag, maybe,like I said it depends on the yard but that or ebay would be the cheapest route, you might need the module if there are no air bags. and to save some money on install you could put them in yourself, I know for a fact you can on the passenger side. ask about this in the first gen and you will get even more help, good luck !!

Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

for the actual bags they will vary, don't go dealership or your going to pay out the wazoo, try to find them in the yard they should't be much at all. yard prices vary but your looking at 25 to 45 bucks per bag, maybe,like I said it depends on the yard but that or ebay would be the cheapest route, you might need the module if there are no air bags. and to save some money on install you could put them in yourself, I know for a fact you can on the passenger side. ask about this in the first gen and you will get even more help, good luck !!

Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so it doesnt have any airbags at all???...like they blew out and you need to get new ones, or they were just removed????

if you decide to do it yourself ley me know....its very simple and would only take about a 1/2 hour if that...there are only a few steps to take....

Old 08-20-2006, 03:27 PM
briannareno

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

so it doesnt have any airbags at all???...like they blew out and you need to get new ones, or they were just removed????

if you decide to do it yourself ley me know....its very simple and would only take about a 1/2 hour if that...there are only a few steps to take....

Im not sure on why it doesnt have air bag, I still need to find that out from the chick I wnat to buy it from. And if it only takes 1/2 an hour or so, then Ill deffinetly do it myself. I know how dealers can be, so yeah. Thanks you guys!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the the driver's side, all you do is unscrew the pods from the side of the wheel and 2 bolts holds it in. There is a little connector that goes into the back of the air bag and thats it.

Quick Reply: Airbag instillation on a 96 neon