Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Tach adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 PM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach adapter

I installed a aftermarket tach on my 98 neon. I have a stock ignition. The tach only reads half of what it should. I have read that other in the forum have had this same problem, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get an adapter and what type is compatible. Thank you for the help.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:12 PM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tach adapter

I would like to eventually get one... where did you get yours?

If you ever find out about it outside of here.. please post as this will greatly be of assistance to others..

thanks.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:49 AM
04dodgeneon
Amateur

Your tachs preset for an 8 cylinder, that's why it's not reading right. Before you buy an adapter, check the back of the tach for a switch that says 4, 6 and 8, alot of tachs have one. If yours has one put it on four. No switch, then check www.jegs.com for an adapter.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:13 AM
casper
Legend

nope i wish it was that simple, its set on 4, do yo know if i should get any specific adapter?

Old 07-15-2004, 01:51 AM
casper
Legend

I figured it out after a person at a local performance shop telling me that he could fix it in 5 minutes for $65, lol. Told him to go screw!!!!!! I had the sensor wire connected to the wire that comes off the coil pack and goes to the computer, where it should go. But to get an accurate signal, you have to connect the wire to the grey wire with a blue stripe comming off of the computer. Now it works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Tach adapter