Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

*** Dodge Neon Saved My Life. ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Glynn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Dodge Neon Saved My Life. ***

I recently wrecked my Dodge Neon ('98).

I was rushing to the opening of the movie "300" with my girlfriend, after picking her up from her friend's birthday party, on an unfamiliar, rural road, in the rain. I was angry that I was going to be late and my left eye was slightly blurry from a previous eye injury (distorted depth perception), oh and the rain. I was speeding up and didn't notice a sharp turn to the left. I saw a curve coming towards me and tried to slow down, ending up skidding and ramming into the curb, launching my car upwards and unfortunately that wasn't all -- it kept going and we see a nine foot decline into a ditch. I was going around 30-40 miles per hour. We hit hard, nose-first into the semi-wet ground.

The airbags, both of them, deployed and saved our lives. I was wearing my seatbelt and my girlfriend wasn't. I walked away with just a minor tear in my rotator cuff and a bad headache. My girlfriend walked away with the headache and some bruises and cuts on her knees.

This car has had almost 200,000 miles on it and still runs well. It's always been decent to drive and it really is pretty sporty (manual). The airbags worked exactly the way they were supposed to... and I'd just like to thank whoever designed the car / airbag system for their work. Also, anyone reading this: Slow the **** down.

Life's too short to rush to an awesome, slow-motion gore fest.

Yours,
Glyneon

Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: *** Dodge Neon Saved My Life. ***

Glad to hear you are doing well. Do you have any pics of the car?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Dang!!! That SUCKS!! Welp, I am glad you both are OK and that no one was seriously hurt.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Ozni

Hell if you knew there was ditch over there I would sped up to see if I could clear it hehe just me but I know you didn't know. I Flew off IH 10 at 75 mph to get off the highway cause traffic was dead stop reason for such high speed is there was ditch full of water and I knew I could hydro plane the car across onto the feeder road with enough speed I made it

Old 03-19-2007, 11:26 AM
sneaky
Veteran

The airbags in my old Neon (95) deployed when I hit a coyote at 80mph on I-15 one night between Primm, Nv and Las Vegas. My mom and sister hit some woman on a freeway on-ramp that was stopped right in the middle of the road and wouldn't move. The airbags deployed in that car also...it was a Dodge Stratus (don't remember the year). TheHighway Patrolcould not believe it...they had to see it for themselves.

I'll tell ya what. I feel alot safer in my 05 Ram QB. Glad to hear everyone is o.k. though.

Quick Reply: *** Dodge Neon Saved My Life. ***