Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:33 PM
rebelz99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions

My father's looking into buying a Nitro this year but has heard the the 3.7 litre engine lags. He has heard that it has no power leaving from a stop or going up a hill. They migth of had the 3.21 gearing instead of the 3.73. Plus it needs to be 4X4 with automatic trans, since my mom can’t drive standard… Any opinions, Thks.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Chryco4Life
Rookie
Default RE: Opinions

I test drove a Nitro with the 3.7 (no idea the gear ratio) and it sucked. It felt weak and made way too much freakin noise for how slow it was, and it doesn't help at all that it's mated to a poohey 4 speed auto... Also it seems Nitros with that engine are riddled with problems? Definately drive one for yourself though, but afterwards drive a R/T model. WORLD of difference. The 4.0L sounds great, pulls hard, awesome 5 speed autostik and not a single problem to date...

Another thing: I nevergot this much praise, thumbs up, stares and so on, in ANY car I've owned compared to the R/T Nitro. Seriously, it's awesome!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
rebelz99
Professional

I was actually getting scared on the no replies, but I'll definitaley tell my father to look at the R/t or to foget about it! Thks

Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 PM
racin90
Rookie

We purchased a Nitro...got rid of my troublesome plagued 2005 Caravan. Its the 2 wheel drive version with the 3.7. Personally..i love the 3.7. And its peppy.I wished we had gotten cruise control for it as it seems to get me in trouble actually. Gas mileage wise..it isnt the best. but im told put some miles on it and it gets better.

Quick Reply: Opinions