Radio problem! Help!! 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat! - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge SUVs > Dodge Nitro
Reload this Page >

Radio problem! Help!! 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat!

Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Radio problem! Help!! 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat!

  #1  
Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Camiek
Camiek is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Unhappy Radio problem! Help!! 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat!

2011 Dodge Nitro Heat:

My CD player works just fine, my Sirus XM Preview works just fine but my AM/FM does not play.. I can do all the functions on the actual radio but no sound ( Change Station, Turn volume up and down).

Randomly I was playing around with the radio and turn the volume up and no sound came out. I got distracted and had to go to the trunk and when I opened the trunk the radio came on.. I dont think it was because of the trunk but I think the timing was perfect.

Once i shut the car off the radio didnt work again. But.. the other day the radio was working fine until i shut the car off and then turned it back on it started to not work now...

I recently purchased this Dodge Nitro and there was the pervious owner name on an invoice for tires in the golve box so i called the chyrsler 1800 number to see if there was an recalls or software up dates when that owner owned it that he fixed, she was able to give me the information because I had his name but the only thing that he had fixed ( Under Warrenty) was in 2011 the "Radio/Gatway modual replaced w/ echange unit" not sure what that means...


CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
 
  #2  
Old 04-28-2016, 03:48 PM
jkeaton's Avatar
jkeaton
jkeaton is online now
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 24,957
Default

Probably the "exchange" unit (which means refurbished) is failing again. Probably a dealer fix.
 
  #3  
Old 04-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Camiek
Camiek is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Default

jkeaton: Someone said to change the antenna

or

the radio to an aftermarket radio do you think that will work?

Thanks!
 
  #4  
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
DodgeCares's Avatar
DodgeCares
DodgeCares is offline
Champion
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mopar HQ
Posts: 2,747
Default

Originally Posted by Camiek View Post
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat:

My CD player works just fine, my Sirus XM Preview works just fine but my AM/FM does not play.. I can do all the functions on the actual radio but no sound ( Change Station, Turn volume up and down).

Randomly I was playing around with the radio and turn the volume up and no sound came out. I got distracted and had to go to the trunk and when I opened the trunk the radio came on.. I dont think it was because of the trunk but I think the timing was perfect.

Once i shut the car off the radio didnt work again. But.. the other day the radio was working fine until i shut the car off and then turned it back on it started to not work now...

I recently purchased this Dodge Nitro and there was the pervious owner name on an invoice for tires in the golve box so i called the chyrsler 1800 number to see if there was an recalls or software up dates when that owner owned it that he fixed, she was able to give me the information because I had his name but the only thing that he had fixed ( Under Warrenty) was in 2011 the "Radio/Gatway modual replaced w/ echange unit" not sure what that means...


CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Id recommend bringing it into a certified FCA dealership for diagnosis? Thanks! Kevin T, Social Connect Team
 
  #5  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:20 PM
bigdadycrw
bigdadycrw is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Default

I'm having the same problem with my 2011 Nitro, sometimes the sound works on all ( radio fm/am, cd player, satellite radio. Have you gotten a answer yet
 
  #6  
Old 09-27-2016, 05:51 PM
DodgeCares's Avatar
DodgeCares
DodgeCares is offline
Champion
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mopar HQ
Posts: 2,747
Default

Originally Posted by bigdadycrw View Post
I'm having the same problem with my 2011 Nitro, sometimes the sound works on all ( radio fm/am, cd player, satellite radio. Have you gotten a answer yet
Hi bigdadycrw,

Has your dealership addressed the issues you're having with your Nitro?

Kori
Dodge Social Care Specialist
 
  #7  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:26 PM
bigdadycrw
bigdadycrw is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Default

The vehicle is out of warranty. I'm trying to find out if other nitro owners are having the same problem and what is the fix.
 
  #8  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:15 AM
tinab92
tinab92 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Default

My Dodge Nitro has problems with the radio system thinking my phone is in use when the phone isn't. It gets stuck in this mode until I actually shut down my phone totally; then my radio works. This happens intermittently. Unfortunately my Dodge dealer who has warrantied my vehicle says there is no software fix. What does that mean? I just can't use my phone anymore? Love my Dodge Nitro but between this and my a/c which breaks down every year and they can't seem to fix, I'm thinking my dealer's service department doesn't know how to fix things or they want to wait for my warranty to run out before they do anything for me.
 
  #9  
Old 04-19-2017, 08:18 AM
jkeaton's Avatar
jkeaton
jkeaton is online now
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 24,957
Default

Escalate to the next level. Have you demonstrated the issue to the service adviser?
 
  #10  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:54 AM
tinab92
tinab92 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by tinab92 View Post
My Dodge Nitro has problems with the radio system thinking my phone is in use when the phone isn't. It gets stuck in this mode until I actually shut down my phone totally; then my radio works. This happens intermittently. Unfortunately my Dodge dealer who has warrantied my vehicle says there is no software fix. What does that mean? I just can't use my phone anymore? Love my Dodge Nitro but between this and my a/c which breaks down every year and they can't seem to fix, I'm thinking my dealer's service department doesn't know how to fix things or they want to wait for my warranty to run out before they do anything for me.
My service department tells me there is no software fix so therefore there is no problem. I started taking pictures of the screens for the next few days when it did it and sent it to them. I think the next time if it is possible, I am going to drive to my dealer when it happens and tell them to look. So frustrating when they can't address problems. Between this and my a/c I am very frustrated. Don't know if it is the Dodge dealer or their service department but I hesitate to purchase another Dodge from them.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio problem! Help!! 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat!


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: