Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Steam coming from the radiator (NITRO RT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
oldschool2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steam coming from the radiator (NITRO RT)

My Nitro RT has steam coming from the radiator every time it rains, snows or I wash the truck. Every time I stop at a light I look like a fool with an overheating radiator (not a little steam, alot). Anyone else with this problem? Any suggestions?

Please email me at old-school@comcast .net if you can help.

Thanks,
Chuck

Old 03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
dcxguy
Default RE: Steam coming from the radiator (NITRO RT)

I noticed that too when I park at work in the morning. I opened the hood right away hoping to see where the steam comes from but I can't find the source.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:49 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax- it's just the water from the rain, snow or the carwash boiling off. A radiator traps alot of water in those tiny fins.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 PM
oldschool2

I’m aware the problem is the water hitting the radiator, but no 30k SUV should look like an overheating junker every time I come to a stop in the rain.
I took it to the dealer yesterday and they called it a design problem. The radiator collects water because of its proximity to the grill. They recommended that I change the grill from the standard to the mesh aftermarket version since the standard one allows water to accumulate and splash into the radiator at higher speeds.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyvehicle made has it's own "quirks". If this is the worst problem you have with it then count yourself as lucky. My '01 Dakota will do the same thing after a car wash or driving in the rain. I don't worry about it appearing like I'm driving a junker (I know what I have) and I certainly wouldn't change the appearance of my vehicle or spend unneeded $ for something this insignificant unless I wanted the change.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:07 PM
thelemonlawyer

I have a client with the same problem. The steam presents after it rains or after she drives it through a car wash. Of course the dealer is unable to duplicate or diagnose the problem. I'm interested to hear if anyone has been able to remedy this.

Quick Reply: Steam coming from the radiator (NITRO RT)