Dodge Pro Master The Dodge Pro master is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Pro Master in showrooms today!

Promaster City rear lift and bigger tires to fix the Ugly squat look

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 02:49 PM
cyberpine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Promaster City rear lift and bigger tires to fix the Ugly squat look

I'm in the market for a small cargo Van and I've compared the Promaster City to the Ford Transit Connect and Nissan NV200 and the good news is the Promaster City is the best value for your dollar IMO... In part because I don't fit in the NV200 and the 2019 Transit Connect is so underpowered it's painful, Also the the Long Transit connect looks like a mommy mobile and the Short wheelbase is really short.

So.. not to be a stupid or superficial about looks, but I feel I need to punk the van up to feel good about spending 25k on a cargo van...

First off, I wont buy white, it needs to be Black or Red.

Secondly , IMO (I'm sorry) the van looks stupid because of the tiny wheels and the way the body is sitting on it's *** like a Frog about to lay an egg, especially with any cargo, and I plan to load up 300lbs in the back always permanently...

I think (and maybe this is just a bad idea) the van needs two things badly:

(1) A two inch coil spacer lift in the back under the spring to bring her *** up a bit and help with cargo slouch.
(2) Some fatter and wider tires with a more negative offset like maybe +30 offset and 18s or 19s? x 8 and 245s? Is the factory wheel 5x98 or 5x100.. I've seen both online..

So before I try this.. anybody know what's possible? and what kind of trouble I'm getting into here?

Some ideas to show you what I mean

Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM
cyberpine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some findings to share:

Wanted to add: Factory tires and rims on City are : 215/55/16 (25.3 x 8.5) 5x100mm +52 offset which are really tiny and inset...

I am wondering if 18x9 +35 offset wrapped in 245/50/18 (27.6x9.6) or 245/40/18 (26.7x9.6) or 255/50/18 but I think that too tall at 28 inches?? these are going to push out 2 inch from current and push up. In the back I'm not worried because I am going to lift 2 inches.

I also considering leaving the 16 steels in front pained black minus any hub and dropping a wide fat muscle tires and rims in the back with like +20 offset for vintage rat rod look..

Thought? ideas? warnings? I know gas will suffer some.

Quick Reply: Promaster City rear lift and bigger tires to fix the Ugly squat look