3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 R/T, Tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Clickbeast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 R/T, Tire pressure

Hey all,

I've got my new 2012 R/T and I'm lovin it.

When I first got her a few days ago, tire pressure was set to 37/37/37/37 psi

Now all are still 37, front right is 36. I swear I can feel a slight bumpiness, but my girlfriend says I'm nuts and I'm imagining it.

Got a few questions for all of you:

1) what do you set your r/t's tire pressure to?
2) When you're filling up the tire, does the car's built in pressure monitoring system update in real time? Or does it take a few seconds / a car restart to update?

Thanks all!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Test all on cold tires. If still low, add another pound of air and see if your bumpiness disappears. It shouldn't make a difference at 36/37 and is likely in your head.

IndyD

Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

your recommended tire pressure will be on the drivers door seal.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Clickbeast
Hey all,

I've got my new 2012 R/T and I'm lovin it.

When I first got her a few days ago, tire pressure was set to 37/37/37/37 psi

Now all are still 37, front right is 36. I swear I can feel a slight bumpiness, but my girlfriend says I'm nuts and I'm imagining it.

Got a few questions for all of you:

1) what do you set your r/t's tire pressure to?
2) When you're filling up the tire, does the car's built in pressure monitoring system update in real time? Or does it take a few seconds / a car restart to update?

Thanks all!
Click,

You should be filling the tire to the pressure listed on the inside of the door like another poster suggested. The pressure sensor does not update in real time exactly but it does not take long for the sensor to send the signal to the module and an update to the vehicles EVIC. It should definitely not be used in place of a tire pressure gauge when inflating your tires.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 01-25-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Clickbeast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Click,

You should be filling the tire to the pressure listed on the inside of the door like another poster suggested. The pressure sensor does not update in real time exactly but it does not take long for the sensor to send the signal to the module and an update to the vehicles EVIC. It should definitely not be used in place of a tire pressure gauge when inflating your tires.
Thanks man this is exactly what I was wondering with my 2nd question. If we backup a decade or so, when you refueled a car, its indicator would not update in real time. You could fill a tank from empty to full, and turn the car on. It would take a little bit for the gauge to fill. Look at cars now, and you'll notice it's instant. I figured maybe the same lep of technology applied to these digital sensors for tire pressure :P I stand corrected.

Will check it out today. It's probably in my head anyways.

Thx all

Quick Reply: 2012 R/T, Tire pressure