Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tailshaft seal leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 AM
duble de
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tailshaft seal leaking

aright well ive been having aproblem with my tailshaft seal leaking, i am filling it up about every couple of weeksor so, i had a new rear main seal and tail shaft seal put in about2 months ago and it is still steadilly leaking, i talked to some other people and they said something about an oversize ring kit?? they say that in the older trucks that do this it will fix it, will it?? i also tried to move the shaft and it wont so it shouldnt be the bearing, at least i dont think so it doesnt budge at all, if anyone has any info on this that would be awesome, thanxs

Old 04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Default RE: tailshaft seal leaking

check into getting a repair sleeve like the one used to repair the seal surface on wheel bearings.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:09 AM
duble de

ok, ill try that, thanx

Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Check with a cr seal dealer (napa) Ask for one with a speedi sleeve. Did you do the seal or could this be a warrenty thing with the shop that installed it?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
duble de

well i had napa brand seals put in it about 2 years ago by a napa dealer when they first started leaking, but they began leaking again so i was told that if i put in the original dodge seals that it would stop, but it didnt, and the place that put them in has done a lot of work for me and i have had no complaints, it could still have been there fault but im not sure, thanxs for the input, and i might put a napa brand one in with a speedi sleeve if u think it will fix it

Quick Reply: tailshaft seal leaking