Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

HELLO

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:27 PM
KWEYAND
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLO

IM NEW TO THE CUMMINS, JUST GOT ONE IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD WATCH FOR? HAVE A TUNER BOX AND DONT WANT TO CAUSE MYSELF ANY PROBLEMS!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: HELLO

KWEYAND.....Welcome to DF!

Give us some info on the truck and PICS MAN, PICS!

Go into the My Profile link up near the top and fill in some info on your truck in the signature. I helps everybody here whenever folks have a question if they can see what you have and the mods. It also keeps you from typing the same stuff whenever you have an issue.

Enjoy!

Old 04-15-2007, 03:58 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome kweyand, You now have crossed over to the dark side.....may the force of the CTD be with you!.......

Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Welcome to the forum...as far as what to watch for, the only thing I have found yet is you need to watch for cops! The power gets to comfortable. [8D]

Old 04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
dillyw
Professional

Welcome , and yeah what he said . Also the CTD seems to be hungry all the time so watch out for that couse your going to have to feed it some fords .

Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
triton
Record Breaker

what he said and watch your wallet. It will be empty quite a bit if you'd like modding your truck[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

really though....your motor is built like a tank. Change the oil and filters frequently, install a good CAI and open up your exhaust a little. You'll get many years out of it.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 PM
handymanherb
Banned

You can just out run the cops, I did it last Saturday night, I had a car on my left side just a little back from being even, but he was matching me for speed so I slowed down a little and he stayed with me, I said enought and put the skinny one down and jumped ahead of him quick at about 2 trucks lenghts ahead he hit his red and blues for a second and then turned them off, I don't know what he was up too but he didn't put it beside me again, maybe he just wanted to know how bad the CTD are, but it greatwas winning the race against a cop with no tickets involved.

Welcome your going to love your truck, but don't let it turn you into a speed demon like it did me