Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I got a question or two

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a question or two

well, when i graduate highschool, i plan on starting a business doing landscaping, excavating, and snowclearing. My truck of choice will be a ram with the brawny CTD. now, i am wondering which CTD , 5.9 or 6.7??? how would either one perform for towing a trailer with a bobcat, and or a backhoe? thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 AM
joepascoe19
Rookie
Default RE: I got a question or two

my 5.9 tows a bobcat like its not even there

Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: clean_sx

well, when i graduate highschool, i plan on starting a business doing landscaping, excavating, and snowclearing. My truck of choice will be a ram with the brawny CTD. now, i am wondering which CTD , 5.9 or 6.7??? how would either one perform for towing a trailer with a bobcat, and or a backhoe? thanks!
I just had the Bobcat on the back earlier this week and never even noticed it. Hell, that w/ the trailer is only 4500 - 5000 lbs, if that. I was getting about 15 MPG pulling that little turd.

It'll come down to how much coin you have to drop, either one is more capable than what 99% of us ask it to do.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:28 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

if you want to put a lot of aftermarket work you can go for the 5.9 and and then you would be able to tow a whole fleet of bobcats lol.... or if you want to be environmentally friendly go with the 6.7 lol

Quick Reply: I got a question or two