Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Carl00723
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny fluid

Got my Rotella from Sams club for $52.00 for six gallons, not bad. And got my filters from Genos on the way. What kind of tranny fluid & differental fluidshould I use. 80.000 miles on it and probably will not have to change it again for a long time. Any advice?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:24 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Tranny fluid

I thin i used Valvoline trans fluid, butI don't remember. It wasn't anything special and neither was the diff fluid. I got em both at the Auto Zone I think.

I still have some left over. I'll check them out for ya the next time I'm in the garage.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tranny fluid

My self and a few others around here use Amsoil transmission fluid and also their SVG gear oil. It may cost a bit more but I know I will get better protection for the trans and axels and that it will also last twice as long many of the other products on the market.

I just changed my trans filter changed out last Wednesday and the 6.5 qt’s of Amsoil I put in allows the trans shifts so much better and I only had 14,500 miles on it when I had it serviced. Btw I did not let them do a band adjustment, as I don’t believe in doing so until a trans starts to slip.

Quick Reply: Tranny fluid